The bathroom is probably the room I want to be most clean in my house. I mean, it’s where I keep clean -right? If you want to make sure your space is always looking sharp and cleaning it is super easy, here are a few tips!
1. Lucky for you larger tiles are super in right now, for both floors and walls, so there are plenty of options available. This can work in a small space as well- I swear. This means less grout lines which really is the part that can get icky.
2. You can keep using your larger tile on your shower floor with a linear drain or you can go with an acrylic or polymer base. Some of these new bases can be recessed in your floor so it is flush with your adjacent tile!
3. Opt for a porcelain tile rather natural stone which is porous so requires you to be more careful for stains and to protect it with a sealer once in a while.
4. A wall mounted vanity allows for an easy mop across the floor and even better would be to have your drawers or doors flat panelled. Shaker style doors tend to gather a little more dust on the detailed edge.
5. A counter with an integrated sink is ideal for an easy maintenance bathroom. No joints between your sink and countertop means less mess.
6. Make sure you have enough closed storage for all your necessities. This way you won't spend forever dusting.
7. Wall mounted toilets hide their tank in your wall AND keep off the floor. What more could you ask for? If you want to be a little more budget friendly you can purchase a regular toilet but make sure it is skirted. This means the trapway is hidden and the base is completely smooth. It looks a lot nicer and avoids that many more creases you’d have to keep clean.
8. Don’t fully close your shower off. A simple glass panel without hardware is the easiest to maintain and it LOOKS super clean, especially if you get the manufacturer’s extra protection. If you want to make sure your shower space is extra practical check out more tips here.
9. Keeping it simple really is the idea here to an extra clean bathroom so keep that in mind when selecting faucets as well. Also a brushed nickel finish doesn’t mark with water as much as a standard chrome finish does. You will especially appreciate this in your shower!
10. Keep your bathroom cleaning products in the same room. Having them readily accessible can help break up the process into shorter cleaning sessions.
Want to make sure your new bathroom is the best that it can be? Give me a call- I’ll be happy to help!